Since we all know It is now mandatory to link your mobile number with Aadhaar card for verifying your identity and the Government of India has put a deadline of March 31, 2018. It can be difficult to visit the mobile network customer centers for the verification process. UIDAI has given out an OTP based verification system for linking the mobile number with Aadhaar from home only.
#DigitalIdentity service made easy | @UIDAI (Aadhaar) has issued directives for generating OTP either through the service provider's website or through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services to facilitate the linking, also known as re-verification. pic.twitter.com/RWuovxnOt3
— Digital India (@_DigitalIndia) January 2, 2018
This method is effective from January 1st, 2018 and is very simple. Those people have not verified their mobile number with the Aadhaar card (the number is approximately 50 crores) can call up the IVR that would complete the process through a one-time password (OTP). The IVR process is can be done in English, Hindi and several regional languages. The user will receive the OTP code, with which when verified to be correct, the verification process will be completed. The Government of India announced this process in December and then the telecoms took time to some changes.
Users who need to verify their mobile number can follow below-suggested instructions:
· Call the IVR number 14546 (toll-free)
· Accept your agreement to link your Aadhaar number to your mobile number
· Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
· Accept your consent for it to fetch your personal information like name, DOB and Address linked to your mobile number
· Enter OTP that you have received through SMS
· You will get an SMS confirming the Re-verification, which also says that the process will take up to 48 hours to complete
After following all these steps the mobile number will get verified with Aadhaar card.