HMD Global launched its new smartphone in India and that is Nokia 8. This is the company’s first Android flagship smartphone in India. The smartphone launched today in New Delhi at 11 am (IST) in an event. The price of this smartphone has set to ₹ 36,999 and will be available on Amazon.in for sale from October 14. This smartphone will give tough competition to smartphones like LG G6, Oneplus 5, Samsung Galaxy S8 and the Honor 8 pro which are similar smartphones.
Nokia 8 is the first smartphone to sports audio experience by OZO Audio and imaging setup from Zeiss. OZO Audio is used in 360 degrees VR Cameras in Hollywood. It will come with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage but there are possibilities that one more variant would be available with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage. Nokia 8 is coming with ‘bothie’ feature which allows both rear and front camera to take a picture simultaneously. This smartphone was firstly announced last month in London.
Talking about the specifications, Nokia 8 has a unibody design and made with 6000 series aluminum. It would be available in 4 Colours Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel and polished copper after few weeks. The Nokia 8 is splash-proof and IP54 rated. It comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat and quite possibly will get updated to Android 8.0 Oreo. It has Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC and 4GB of RAM. The screen of Nokia 8 is 5.3-inch 2K LCD display and also has Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
Nokia 8 comes with two 13-megapixel cameras with RGB and monochrome sensors. The front camera is also a 13-megapixel RGB shooter. Both the cameras can record 4K videos. The rear camera of Nokia 8 also has dual-tone LED flash and laser autofocus. It comes with 64GB of inbuilt storage and expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card. It consists of 3090mAh of the battery. Some of the other features available are Bluetooth v5.0, 3.5 mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 4G Volte and USB 3.1 Type-C connectivity.
Here is the list of key specifications of Nokia 8 :
• Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440) IPS LCD | 554 ppi | 700 nits | 2.5D Corning Glass
• Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat | Android Oreo ‘Will be available soon’
• RAM: 4 GB
• Internal Storage: 64 GB; expandable up to 256 GB with microSD card
• Processor: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998 (4 x 2.45 GHz Qualcomm Kryo + 4 x 1.8 GHz Kryo) | Adreno 540 GPU
• Front camera: 13 MP | PDAF | 1.12 μm | f/2.0 aperture | 78.4-degree view | Display flash
• Rear camera: 13 MP (Color + OIS) + 13 MP (Mono) with ZEISS optics | 1.12 μm | f/2.0 aperture | 76.9-degree view | PDAF | Dual-tone flash
• Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
• Weight: 160 g
• Battery: 3,090 mAh | Quick Charge 3.0